Skip to main content

PGMTP - Chapter 4

  PGMTP - Chapter 4


'Outside, there should be a pond.'

I should roughly wash the pacifier to prevent them from getting moldy.

"What kind of ingredients did they use in the first place?"

Recently, it hasn't been produced in Sillophia, and it seems to be unknown to outsiders except for those who live in Matap.

'Slime...'

It would be more convenient if I could catch at least one.

I hurriedly crossed the path.

As I stepped outside, I saw a much wider mansion. Honestly, even if I lay down with my baby body, I couldn't see the whole mansion at once.

'It's too big.'

This could take all day.

But let's focus on cleaning my pacifier for now.

I put the pacifier in my mouth and looked around the area, and I saw a fountain not far away.

'I was planning to go to the pond, but this works out.'

I vigorously swung my arms and headed straight for the fountain.

"Huff...!"

Oh no! It's too far!

It looked close, but it was too far away.

I ran out of breath. Holding the pacifier in my mouth and panting, it felt like the pacifier were going to fall to the ground.

'No, pacifier don't fall.'

I urgently stopped and leaned my back against the ground, stretching out my legs.

Then, I squeezed the pacifier in my hands and gasped for air.

The ground feels quite hot for some reason.

What season is it now? How long has it been since I was betrayed?

As I raised my head, I suddenly felt dizzy looking at the high and blue sky.

'Is it already autumn?'

I reflexively covered my eyes and leaned back, trying to regain my balance as my neck tilted backward.

I quickly leaned forward to prevent myself from falling backward.

'Phew, that was close.'

With my precious head saved, I wanted to pat the back of my head with my short hand, but then I stopped myself.

I was relieved that I had protected my precious head and was about to pat myself on the back, but...

"Ugh…"

I almost patted myself on the back!

Stop it. That's enough. It's short.

I bent forward and urged myself to continue on the path I was walking.

Luckily, I arrived at the fountain after tirelessly using my arms and legs.

And then, I froze.

"Huff…!"

I couldn't believe how high it was.

It was difficult to see even a drop of water, no matter how hard I strained my eyes.

'I wonder how much time I spent coming here...'

I felt dizzy again. The way back seemed even more distant.

But I decided to challenge myself and grabbed onto the marble surrounding the fountain, struggling to stand up.

Drip, drip, drip. I heard the sound of water pouring from the fountain.

****

"What the heck is that?"

"Isn't it a baby, Your Grace?"

The attendant standing beside him replied, bowing his waist.

Deshar Clown, the Duke and head of the Clown family, turned his head sharply, trying to impress with his appearance.

The attendant shut his mouth coldly as he glared at him with sharp, squinting eyes.

"Do you think I'm asking because I don't know that? I'm asking why the baby is walking around here."

"I'm sorry."

The attendant bowed his waist.

The estate manager, who had come late, came up to Deshar Clown's side as he sent the attendant away.

"Whose child is that? Who is the direct or collateral descendant? Who the hell is managing my child like that!"

"It seems to be the child of the late youngest son, sir."

The butler replied with a faint smile, looking carefully at the child's appearance.

But none of the people who spoke like that tried to help the child.

Deshar Clown's fierce expression was momentarily dumbfounded by the butler's words.

He looked at the small back of the child standing alone as if he had heard unexpected words.

"What? Wasn't it a newborn?"

"Well, considering the number of months, he can start walking around this time."

"So, what is he doing now?"

Deshar Clown asked, lightly stroking his beard.

Contrary to his spotted hair and beard, he had a sturdy, muscular body.

Despite the wrinkles on his face, he had the same vigor and strength as before.

Though his silver eyes had faded with time, his wisdom and experience were still very much alive.

"Father, what are you doing there?"

"Sharent."

"Yes?"

He was a man with a sharp appearance. His voice was sweet, but his gaze was cold and each of his movements had dignity yet was authoritarian. When Dechar Clown's gaze moved to a certain direction, the man followed slowly.

"Who is it?"

"It's the child left by your younger brother."

"Ah..."

It was a small sigh, but there was a hint of laughter underneath.

He had run away with a strange woman and had a child, but couldn't even protect his own life and eventually died, leaving only the newborn baby to be brought back to the mansion.

"So that's it."

There was no consideration in the way he referred to the child.

In the midst of everyone not pointing it out, Sherina had finally succeeded in standing on her two feet.

However, her legs didn't seem to have enough strength, and she wobbled.

"Um... "

Deshar Clown took a step forward with surprised eyes, but then cleared his throat and stepped back.

Those who were watching the child swaying were on edge.

After jumping around in the air, flapping its wings to find its balance, the child finally grabbed onto the fountain after a while.

"It seems like the maid isn't doing her job properly."

One of the maids standing there shivered at Sharente's cold voice.

It wasn't directed at her specifically, but it felt like it was.

Under the cold pressure, the maid couldn't even move and froze in place.

"Relax, Sharente."

"Yes, Father."

At Deshar Clown's word, the chilly aura that surrounded Sharente disappeared.

The temperature around them seemed to drop suddenly. The maid clenched her fists tightly to avoid shaking.

"You can leave now."

"Yes."

At Deshar Clown's words, the maid lowered her head deeply and quickly walked away.

A cool smile formed on Sharente's lips.

Deshaer Clown glanced at Sharente and licked his tongue lowly.

"I think you're too soft, Father."

"You're asking me for too much."

Sharente's pupils thinned at Deshar Clown's words, and he quietly closed his mouth.

Meanwhile, Sherna finally managed to support herself with one hand and hold onto her pacifier with the other.

Sherina kicked her short arms and legs vigorously.

Sherina had a strong desire to wipe the tip of her pacifier with her short arms, but it was only a desperate desire.

No matter how she struggled and flailed her arms, they seemed too short to reach.

"Argh!"

Sharente clicked his tongue quietly, mixed with a faint annoyance and a childish voice ringing out.

"What are you doing? Take her to the room immediately."

A cool and emotionless command was given.

The estate manager next to him bowed to the marquis and gestured to a maid. The maid who had been standing quietly behind them walked towards the child as if running.

At that moment, the child's gaze turned to where Deshar Clown and Sharente were.

The child, who was sitting on the floor, pacifier on his lips again, stared at this place for a long time, then suddenly discovered the maid running towards him and jumped up from his spot.

Then he turned around, aiming his eyes at Sharente and Deshar Clown, and began to run away as fast as he could, making a shushing noise.

"Like a cockroach."

Sharente smiled, but his eyes did not.

Deshar Clown opened his mouth, but quickly closed it and turned away. It was the right thing to say, but he couldn't deny that it was a gruesome analogy.

"Father has decided to let her go. As you know, a half-blood cannot inherit the Clown family's estate. And it's too terrible for me to think that it's actually a direct bloodline to me...".

Sharente smiled as he watched Deshar Clown staring in the direction where Sherina had disappeared.

Sharente, who boasted a thorough bloodline supremacy, had never approved of his only younger brother for his light and careless behavior.

He didn't care about social status and mingled with anyone, which Sharente disliked.

Similarly, Deshar Clown also valued bloodline and believed that diluted blood was inferior.

This is why only a child born from a pure bloodline and strategic marriage between direct lineage and a well-known family could inherit the Clown's castle and continue the lineage.

It was a long-standing tradition and an unbroken rule so far.

"You don't have to nag by my side. I already know," Deshar Clown said with a stern expression as he resumed his steps.


NEXT CHAPTER >