Skip to main content

PGMTP - Chapter 5

  PGMTP - Chapter 5


I can't reach.

As I struggled and barely managed to grab onto the fountain and stand up, I realized that with this height and arm length, the chance of my pacifier touching the water and being washed away was low, no matter how hard I tried.

'Well, if I'm lucky....'

Maybe I could use magic to make the pacifier dip into the water and then pull them back out.

I thought about trying, but I couldn't move at all.

The reason was simple.

I couldn't concentrate with my heart racing like this.

It would be embarrassing to lie back down on the ground in that helpless position and try to use magic again. Who knows who might see me and how they might react.

'Even so, it's embarrassing to do it in broad daylight.'

Even though I was a clueless kid, it was still a bit embarrassing to use magic in that position.

In the end, I clenched my teeth and desperately kicked the ground with the pacifier I held in my hand.

My trembling legs were pitiful.

Despite having eaten well, my arms and legs were stiff. Maybe it was because they were so stiff that I couldn't even touch a drop of water.

The sound of the water flowing persistently continued to ring in my ears.

"Argh!"

Oh, I'm so frustrated!

Why does my voice sound so stupid!

As I tried to roll my foot, I looked at my bare feet, the hard ground, and my fragile legs and the frustration disappeared.

"Ah..."

Sighing deeply, I bit on the pacifierand collapsed to the ground.

I'm tired in every way.

I sucked on the pacifier and wet my head.

I felt like someone was watching me, so I turned my head and saw a group of humans gathered together and watching me.

'...It was a good idea not to use magic.'

If I had used magic in that lying-down position, I would have become a laughingstock.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I looked carefully and gradually recognized the outline of Heyrun.

That's... Deshar Clown and Sharente Clown.

From the appearance, it doesn't seem like much has changed since the last time I saw them, which means it's highly likely that not much time has passed since my death.

If I think back to my past, I would have been able to use some lower circle magic properly around the age of 5 or 6.

Furthermore, since I had experienced it before, it would be faster for me to learn, and I might even be able to use intermediate circle spells without too much difficulty.

If I can reach that level, I shouldn't have any problem living on my own.

So, once my magic is somewhat developed and I can make food and create magical tools, I'll replicate this information in advance and keep it in a separate space.

Then I can cleanly disappear back to Sillophia, take down the traitors, and reclaim my position as a high priestess before wiping out the Empire.

"Sharente Clown, the author is a bit annoying."

He is smart and has good judgment in situations, especially when it comes to magic. I think I heard that he was in his mid-thirties...

"I met that person when I was sixteen."

Dismissing people is no joke.

Moreover, he doesn't even treat commoners. It felt like he only dealt with people who were inherently dignified and had good bloodlines.

He probably scored people and only dealt with those who scored a certain amount.

"Deshar Clown..."

It's not that he's annoying, but he's difficult to deal with.

Although I was the representative of Sillophia, being young meant I was often pushed around based on words and experience.

Sillophia was a new kingdom, so we had to forge diplomatic ties in various ways.

Of course, honestly, there was not much we could gain from establishing diplomatic ties with Heyrun Empire.

Everything from fertile land to creatures and magic tools could be supplied, produced, and harvested within Sillophia.

Fertile land was easily obtainable with the help of magical power.

If necessary, we could get seeds and create a special environment to cultivate rare flora that only grows in specific conditions.

So there was no need to incur losses and establish diplomatic ties.

However, Sillophia was a country established by those who were once scorned as "witches" until recently.

We couldn't show any flaws, and our goal was to stabilize the country.

Among them, the Heyrun Empire was the first to lend a hand.

However, no matter how much they helped, Silophia should not bend unconditionally or accept disappointing conditions.

So I kept putting it off desperately, but every time it was Sharent Clown...

That's how I was able to confront him. After postponing it, I had to think until the next national religious conference opened again.

Insufficient experience or expertise could only be compensated for in that way. It was a precious country that I had desperately protected.

I slowly lowered my gaze.

'Hoho, I'll win this time too, though.'

There can't be a family that can withstand everything, including confidential documents and military power.

Thinking that far made me feel better.

As I was sneering maliciously, a frightening maid with scary eyes approached from a direction I hadn't noticed.

'You, you...you cowardly people!'

It was clearly sent by the clown family, no matter who looked at it.

I quickly stood on my hind legs and waved my arms and legs frantically.

'Let's run away.'

If this place didn't work out, I had to go to the pond next time to wash off the filth.

'This is disgusting!'

If I keep chewing on this, even the country might get sick! (?? i really don't got it.)

The only magic I could use in the middle of this was gravity magic.

And even that was a magic that could barely be used with a shameful posture and all my focus!

"Abut!"

A strange sound that sounded like crying or screaming came out.

I wiggled my arms and legs wildly.

My palms and knees hurt, but I couldn't hold on.

I can't keep biting and sucking on this dirty filth!

"Wait a minute! Stand there!"

Stand there? You stupid maid.

I vigorously waved my arms and legs with a malicious smile.

But the next moment, my body floated up in the air.

As soon as I realized I was floundering in mid-air, I involuntarily twisted my face.

'Ah ......'

No matter how fast I ran, I was eventually caught up by the maid's footsteps. Trembling, I lowered my head deeply.

Ah, damn it. I feel miserable.

'Hella died.'

Oh no...!

The maid shoved me into the bed and pressed against my side.

Oh no...!

The maid exhaled deeply and glared at me, then picked up a slightly heavy blanket and covered me with it, as if trying to keep me from moving.

But when I couldn't help squirming uncomfortably, the maid pressed me down firmly.

'This is such a terrible treatment!'

"How did I end up here? I'm the only one who's awake. The head maid is going to scold me! I'm abandoned and treated like a leftover!"

His face showed an expression of injustice as he cried out in a voice full of emotion, which seemed like something out of a cheap novel.

I forgot to pout and just stared at the woman.

I know this expression.

It's the expression of fools who are so overwhelmed by jealousy and inferiority that they can't control their emotions.

'Fools.'

Humans are just stupid, anyway. I bit my lip harder in envy.

"What bad luck."

Snap.

As I protruded my lips, a maid who couldn't stand it hit my forehead hard. My head rang and my mind went numb.

Tears welled up in my eyes from the pain. I shook my arms in anger, but there was nothing I could do.

'If only I could use magic a little more...'

I'll definitely sprinkle lemon juice in her eyes!

Or I'll turn her into a frog and let her eat flies until the medicine wears off.

I felt sad and frustrated.

It was humiliating to be in such a state and to be treated so poorly by such a lowly maid.

The maid, who seemed to be pleased with my crying, kicked the crib with her foot and left the room.

"Ugh! Wah! Ahhh!"

I was angry and frustrated! Damn it!

I kicked and flailed my arms and legs, but my weak and limp arms and legs were too heavy to remove the stuffy blanket.

And it was too hot. The heat made my head feel stuffy and uncomfortable.

'Do I look like a baby?'

If I keep this up, I'll look like a fool. I'm not a chicken! I gritted my teeth and tried to move, but my body was exhausted and powerless. I closed my eyes tightly and put all my strength into it.

'Just a little to the side...'

It was twice as hard to use magic because it was too heavy.

'If it was before, I could move just by rolling my eyes.'

Now I can't believe I have to use such an embarrassing posture to put in effort.

"Ugh!"

I barely pushed the blanket to the side and turned my body to vigorously move my arms and legs.

Finally managed to get out of the pile of blankets.

"Phew...."

Snap.

Suddenly my mouth feels cool and itchy, like something's missing...

"Ow...?"

My tongue feels shorter.

My mind became hazy and my eyelids closed slowly.

...No, this can't be happening...

I saw my pacifier rolling on the floor.

I wonder if I really cleaned properly, there's dust visible on the floor in my room.

"Haash...."

Oh, no...I'm screwed.

It's going to get dirty again. Is the pacifier going to turn black from this? I don't know what it's made of, but it wasn't originally gray, was it?

"Shoo..."

My pacifier...

My face suddenly fell forward.

As the swirling, flickering vision became more distant, I reached out pitifully towards the pacifier.

That was my last memory.


NEXT CHAPTER >